General Informations of Academics
- Attendance: It is obligatory to every student to attend the classes punctually and regularly. While the attendance of a student in the Degree Course must not be less than 75 % of the total lectures delivered in an academic session that of a student in the H.S. Course must not be less than 65%. Students failing to maintain this standard will be treated as non-collegiate. Sending up of such students to final examination will be subject to approval of Academic Council of the College.
- Academic Session: The academic session starts on 1st June, 2013 to 31st May, 2014 in semester system and 1st Semester ends in December 2013, 2nd Semester starts in January 2014 and ends in June, 2014. This is in conformity with the regulations of Gauhati University to which the college is affiliated.
- College Magazine: A college magazine named “Goreswar College Magazine” is published annually with a view to giving scope for expression of the literary and creative talents of both the students and the teachers. Besides this a few wall magazines are also being published from time to time with short periodicity.
- Election Committee: Goreswar College has an Election Committee which is constituted every year with one teacher as Returning Officer and 3 other members (also from among the teachers) for smooth conduct of the students’ Union Election.
- Students’ Aid Fund: The College has a special Aid Fund for poor students. This Fund is created to encourage students from economically backward families who can’t otherwise afford Higher Education. Entitlement to this facility is limited and subject to fulfillment of certain eligibility conditions.
- College Hour: The working hour of the college is from 9-15 A.M. to 4-15 P.M.
- Scholarship: There is provision for the following categories of scholarship subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria-
a) National Scholarship
b) State Merit Scholarship
c) SC/ST/ OBC/Tea Garden Labour Scholarship.
- Identity Card: An identity card is issued to every student at the time of admission. It shall contain information of the holder along with a recent passport size photograph duly endorsed by the Principal. The student must keep it and should be ready to produce it whenever asked for. Identity Card is not transferable.
- Students Union: Goreswar College Students’ Union is the General Body of the students of the college. All the regular students of the college are the members of this Union. The Principal of the college is the President of the Students’ Union. If necessary the Principal may appoint a lecturer as the working president, Office-Bearers of the Students’ Union are elected by the students annually. The Principal reserves the right to dissolve the Union Body at any time on disciplinary ground and constitute an ad-hoc body till fresh elections is held.
- Suggestion Box: Any suggestion from the guardians/students/well wishers related to development of the college may be provided through the suggestion box.
- Academic Calendar: All academic and Co-curricular activities of the college are carried on as per the Academic Calendar of Gauhati University as far as practicable.